Kolej Yayasan Saad (KYS) – a fully residential coeducational school prides itself on being a school that has a proven track record in providing quality education. Situated in Ayer Keroh, Melaka, the school has a conducive learning environment and the beautiful campus has a lot to offer for students aged 13 to 17 years. If you are considering sending your child to KYS, we encourage you to visit us during office hours from Monday to Saturday to look around and get to know more about KYS. If you are presently connected with the school, then we welcome you to the school website. We have done our best to make it as informative as possible. We hope you agree with us. Thank you for your time spent on our site and we hope you find answers to your questions.
“If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people”
We take the stress out of educating your child.
The best age and environment to provide quality holistic education are from ages 13 to 17 and in a good boarding school. Our track record shows that KYS has the experience and expertise to deliver quality holistic education.
- Forms 1, 2 and 3 follow the KSSM curriculum with extensions included for academic rigour.
- Form 4 and Form 5 may choose to follow only the KSSM curriculum or the KSSM curriculum plus 3 IGCSE subjects for value added learning.
- Only subject matter experts handle teaching and learning.
- Small class size, with a teacher to student ratio of 1 : 10.
- Inclusive education with learning support given.
- Challenge/Problem based learning.
- Top PMR/PT3 and SPM results since 1998.
- Students are bilingual.
- High academic expectations and standards.
- Emphasis is on developing able and independent learners.
- Boarding facilities : separate boarding houses for boys and girls.
- Balanced diet planned by nutritionist.
- Excellent pastoral care with staff to boarders ratio of 1 : 8.
- Health service : 2 panel clinics, nurse, warden, housemasters and housemistresses available 24/7.
- 24/7 direct contact with housemasters and housemistresses.
- Safe compound with 24/7 security service.
- Surau in campus for performance of prayers.
- Professional advice from credible members of the KYS Board of Governors.
- Extensive range of activities for leadership training and personality development.
- KYS extension for advanced learning needs.
- Guidance in discovering inclinations and preferences.
- Qualified coaches for sports and games training.
- Compulsory swimming classes.
- Inculcate good moral values.
- Early awareness of strengths as a means in achieving self actualization.
- Support services that ensure student needs are taken care of.