At KYS, leadership and personality development is the core curriculum. Thus, student services are geared towards developing leaders with towering personality. Another aspect that is constantly emphasised is morality. We take pride of our students who are respectful and enjoy healthy friendship in a co-educational situation. Guidance and co curriculum activities are two key areas of student services . There are many varied activities which are structured to cater for the needs of all students.
What a man can be, he must be. This need we may call self-actualization…It refers to the desire for self-fulfillment, namely, to the tendency for him to become actualized in what he is potentially. This tendency might be phrased as the desire to become more and more what one is, to become everything that one is capable of becoming.
Students are guided to know themselves so that they become confident, active, participate and contribute in all areas of student life. At KYS, students can tell their learning styles, career inclinations and preferences as early as when they are in Form One. We provide ample space and sufficient time for students to grow and make essential changes leading to self actualization.
At KYS, cocurriculum activities aims are to:
- develop future leaders and captains of industries for the nation.
- develop leadership abilities and personality of students in the context of preparing quality human capital.
- promote competitions to create awareness of current happenings and challenges ahead.
- develop functional skills.
- give maximum space for students to explore their potentials.
- provide opportunities on quality experience of student life.