We are a school listed for the MoE bursary programme 2013. Students scoring 9A+ or more in the SPM 2012 examinations are invited to enrol in our Cambridge International A-Level programme. A limited number of places are available for our A-Level and offer is given on a first-come-first-served basis.
Cambridge International A-Level – MoE Bursary and Private Students
Please call 06-226 3157 to arrange for a school visit or to get more details or Click here to enrol
A WELCOME TO KOLEJ YAYASAN SAAD
Kolej Yayasan Saad (KYS) – a fully residential coeducational school prides itself on being a school that has a proven track record in providing quality education. Situated in Ayer Keroh, Melaka, the school has a conducive learning environment and the beautiful campus has a lot to offer for students aged 13 to 17 years.
If you are considering sending your child to KYS, we encourage you to visit us during office hours from Monday to Saturday to look around and get to know more about KYS.
If you are presently connected with the school, then we welcome you to the school website. We have done our best to make it as informative as possible. We hope you agree with us. Thank you for your time spent on our site and we hope you find answers to your questions.
A Chinese proverb goes:
“If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people”
We take the stress out of educating your child. The best age and environment to provide quality holistic education are from ages 13 to 17 and in a good boarding school. Our track record shows that KYS has the experience and expertise to deliver quality holistic education.
- Forms 1, 2 and 3 follow the KBSM curriculum with extensions included for added value.
- Forms 4 and 5 may choose to follow only the KBSM curriculum or the KBSM curriculum plus 3 IGCSE key subjects for value added learning.
- Only subject matter experts handle teaching and learning.
- Small class size, with a teacher to student ratio of 1 : 10.
- Success in preparing students to win scholarships and creating pathways to top overseas universities.
- 100% success in acceptance into tertiary institutions, mostly overseas universities – seeKYSER page for university placement record.
- Top PMR and SPM results since 1998.
- Successful English programme – SPM English 1119 : 100% A grade; well recognised as a school with skilled debating teams.
- Compulsory Music Education for Forms 1, 2 and 3 and a successful music programme - 1 in every 3 students is a KYS orchestra musician. The orchestra is well-known and applauded for its annual concert. Classes are held to prepare students for the ABRSM examination.
- Compulsory Art and Design classes for Forms 1, 2 and 3 to develop appreciation of aesthetics.
- Boarding facilities : separate boarding houses for boys and girls.
- Balanced diet planned by nutritionist.
- Excellent pastoral care with staff to boarders ratio of 1 : 8.
- Health service : 2 panel clinics, nurse, warden, housemasters and housemistresses available 24/7.
- 24/7 direct contact with housemasters and housemistresses.
- Safe compound with 24/7 security service.
- Surau in campus for performance of prayers.
The KYS Advantage
- Professional advice from credible members of the KYS Board of Governors.
- Extensive range of activities for leadership training and personality development.
- KYS extension for advanced learning needs.
- Pathway to win scholarships and Pre-U programme – see Academic page for pathway.
- Qualified coaches for sports and games training.
- Compulsory swimming classes.
- Guidance to inculcate morality and produce students who are well rooted in values.
- Creation in students of early awareness of preferences and strengths for self actualization.
- Support services that ensure every student need is taken into consideration.
KYS PHOTO GALLERY & HAPENNINGS
SPM 2012: Results Day (21 March 2013)
Kejohanan Olahraga Tahunan Kali Ke-18: ‘Sukan Pencetus Sahsiah Unggul’ (21 March 2013)
Form 1 & Form 4 Registration & Orientation Programme (5th-14th January 2013)
2012 PMR Results (19 December 2012)